Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Miracles Do Happen!



Brady and I went down with some other family members to the BYU bowl game in vegas this last weekend. Anyone that knows Brady and I, is aware that we have one distinct, but very large disagreement; BYU (me) VS. Utah (Brady)! With gas finally affordable and the fact that I have an awesome cousin that let us crash at her house (Thanks Em) and free club level tickets, I convinced Brady to go with me. After a 9 hour drive (it was a blizzard nearly the entire way), we finally got to Las Vegas! We were able to meet up with everybody and enjoy lunch at the MGM. Then it was time for the game and that's when the miracle happens! I don't know if many of you watched the game, but unfortunately, BYU lost the game (they didn't get beat, they lost) so that isn't the miracle! The miracle is that Brady actually cheered for BYU - he truly wanted them to win! I thought it was true love for his wonderful wife, but he informed me later the next day that he "can cheer for them when Utah is clearly better!" So much for true love! Nevertheless, a miracle did occur that Saturday night when I heard Brady cheer, "Go Cougars!"

5 comments:

ashlan said...

I love it. Its always great to agree to disagree!

Danelle and Alex said...

Hahahahahahaa!! That is too funny!! Love it! I can't believe it took you nine hours to get to vegas though! I am glad you had a fun get away!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

Well I do side with you dear husband on his team, however, that is a nice man to give in and cheer. He knows what makes a happy household...a happy wife! :)

Chris and Em said...

Ash! How long has it seriously been since I have seen you! I was actually thinking about you the other day and all the fun times we used to have at your mom's house!! Anywho, its great to hear you are doing well, you are still so flippin cute!

Unknown said...

Hey Ash! Oh my word, I'm so happy I found that you have a blog. I sent you an invite! I hope all is well, I'm sorry you don't get to see Brady as much as you would like, me and Cory are in the same boat!!! Where are you guys living?