Sunday, February 15, 2009

What a Perfect Husband!

Ok, so I have the best husband ever! Friday night I got stuck at work a little later than planned. Once I got done, I still had to run a couple of Valentine's Errands, so I got home pretty late. When I walked in the door, I came upstairs to a candle light dinner adorned with my Valentine's flowers. The card with my flowers read, “You are still and forever more, the sweetest pea in the entire garden. You are the cinnamon to my toast. The Peanut Butter to my Jam, the Stockton to my Malone. I am eternally grateful for all that you do.” One of Brady's favorite things is "mormon bubbly," (Martinelli's) so of course I had a champagne bucket filled with ice and a bottle of bubbly! We had a great dinner and then enjoyed watching the movie, "Nights in Rodanthe." It was a great Valentine's Eve!


On Valentine’s Day, we went to breakfast (more like a brunch considering we slept in until 10!) at our favorite place, the “Original Pancake House” in Salt Lake. After breakfast, we went to see the movie, “Confessions of a Shopaholic.” What a great chick flick! Unfortunately, I was not as prepared as Brady with the Valentine’s gifts. I had known for about a week and a half what I wanted to buy him for Valentine’s Day, I just had not found the time to go get it so while we were at the mall seeing the movie, I took him over to Fanzz and let him pick out a Jazz hat. He has wanted one with the original “note” logo on it for quite a while now. Doesn’t he look like a giddy school boy?


5 comments:

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

That sounds like a great Vday! What a sweet hubby!

Field Family said...

That is one great hubby. Especially if he will go to a chick flick with you. Amazing.

hyrum♥chelsea said...

yay!! i'm so excited that you have a blog! i was so happy to see your comment. you & brady are seriously WAY to cute!!what a fun valentines day. i love that you also did the heart ice cubes. we are SO on the same page :)
xoxoxox

Barnedt Bunch said...

Hey Ashley how are you doing? Hey I hope you don't mind I added you to Brandon and I's blog, I found yours through Danelle. Hope all is well for you and Brady!

Danelle and Alex said...

Cupcake Frosting

2 stick soft butter
4 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 cup heavy cream or milk

Put butter in an electic mixer and turn on low.
Add the powdered sugar.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Let mix for 5 minutes.